How to migrate Google Drive files to another account?
With the help of this blog, users can migrate Google Drive to another account without any data loss. This tool is highly secure and compatible at the same time.
We live in a world where, without the email client, no one can collaborate with each other on an individual or professional basis. Earlier, we used to rely on computer storage to save our important documents and media. However, today, Google Drive has taken a big market, and almost all Gmail users are now using it to save their data on it.
If you are one of them and want to migrate Google Drive to another account because of your own reasons, then you have landed on the right page. Here, you find useful information on the methods to copy the data from one Google Drive account into another. And in the end, we will suggest one solution that will make it easier for you to do the task.
Strategies to Migrate Data from one Google Drive to Another
Through multiple ways, users can actually migrate Google Drive to another account, but we have shared some of them, which are as follows:-
Usage of Google Takeout To Migrate Data
- Open the Google Takeout link and, using your Gmail credentials, log in to your account.
- From the list of multiple apps, kindly click on the Gdrive and click on the Next button.
- In the next window, first, select the destination where you want the data to be saved.
- After that, select the file type and the file size to save the data. In the end, hit the create export button.
- The task of exporting the data will start, and once it is done, you will see a link to download the data on your email account.
After performing the above-stated step-by-step process, you have initiated the process to transfer all Google Drive to another account. But, this migration approach also has some drawbacks, which users should also concentrate.
Download and Upload Method to Transfer Google Drive Data
- Sign in to your Gmail account with the credentials and go to your name initials.
- Click on the drive button, and after that, choose the required number of files you want to transfer.
- Put the selected files/documents and paste them into one folder.
- Once done, you can export that particular folder to your local drive.
The last step will be to open the destination Google Drive account and import the folder into it.
Usage of a File-sharing option of Google Drive
- Open your Google Drive account and select the required number of files you require to share.
- After picking up, right-click on them and click on the share option.
- Now, enter the email address of the user in which account you want to share the data.
By doing this way, you can share the files with other users, however, this method to migrate Google Drive to another account has many flaws.
Quicker Solution to Migrate User data from one Google Drive into Another
We have checked a few manual solutions to migrate Google Drive to another account, but still, there is a need for an alternative solution to overcome their shortcomings of them. Here, we have shared a one-stop solution that will provide a better experience and offer high-end migration capabilities
Shoviv Google Drive migration tool is a utility that we have talked about, and due to its convenient GUI, users will not face any issues while running it. If we look towards its competencies, then it has a lot to offer. Migration scheduling is one of them, which makes it possible to schedule the migration periodically.
This tool to transfer all Google Drive to another account has more to offer, which are as follows:-
- It comes with multiple filter criteria, which allow users to filter the files based on size, extension, type, and many more.
- This software facilitates users to add multiple drives simultaneously and also do the migration for all of them at the same time.
- Users can use the software copy/paste option, which lets them easily move one file/folder from one Google Drive to another.
- The incremental export facility also comes with a tool that helps to transfer only newer items when the user resumes the migration.
- Users can also take a preview of the added Google Drive data in the software file view section.
- The software perfectly maintains the folder hierarchy after adding the Google drive in it.
- It allows to make the migration of large-size documents and in multiple numbers concurrently.
Users can also access it at no cost. They can look to explore some of its functionalities to get an idea about the software.
Moving the data from one drive account to another is not as complex as it seems to users. In this write-up, we have described some of the strategies that works better to migrate Google Drive to another account, but choosing the required approach is the key. If you want to migrate the data from multiple drives, then you can look towards the third-party tool. The software which we have discussed here comes with a lot of features that will make the data transfer easier and quicker.
What's Your Reaction?